Friday, May 2, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and the Random

Today has been one of those incredibly slow, equally uneventful days. Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily. I haven't had a bad day, per say, but has it been fabulous? Hardly. I suppose you could call it a fair mix of good and bad.

Let me explain.

Bad: I initially woke up in a relatively unpleasant manner - the sound of a horn honking outside my window. I literally shot up and fumbled for my glasses (if I haven't mentioned it before, I'm effectively blind without them) in time to see a car slowing to honk - for the second time - at my dog, Kelsi, who took a moment to study the oncoming car before deciding to amble back up the driveway. After I calmed myself down, I went back to sleep.

Good: It wasn't too hard to fall asleep again, considering (Bad:) I was awake until nearly 5 trying to figure out how to get the header for this blog right. Which, incidentally, I didn't get done until this afternoon. And I slept for another hour or so before waking up again.

Bad: I felt rather ill.

Good: I lounged in bed for nearly two hours, staring at the ceiling, reading, dozing. Which was definitely nice.

Bad: I didn't eat 'lunch' until nearly 6 because I spent the majority of my day waiting for someone else to be hungry. The thing is, my mom was at work and my dad...he decided to sleep more today that I did. I think by the time he got up, I was leaving to get my food.

Good: My food was good. :)

And finally, a double dose. Good/Bad: I got called in to work tomorrow night. Bad because I was looking forward to the day off, and, if my plans pan out, I'll have to cut them short. Good because I haven't worked at all this week so even the twenty or so bucks I'll get from tomorrow night will be twenty bucks I didn't have. And good because, even when I don't feel like going to work, if I've felt bored and unproductive that day going to work actually makes me feel like I'm doing something with  my life. Oh, and (Good:) my supervisor will be back at work next week. I missed her unique sense of humor.

And that basically recaps my day. Watched TV, watched a movie, will probably watch another, and blogged. 

Now, for a more...interesting topic than the above play-by-play of my day.

Illegal Immigration.

Two words, and you've got yourself a controversy. Now, I don't really want to get political. In fact, I've got a separate blog for that. However, I don't think I'm about to be political. I think I'm about to make an observation.

Not too long ago, we got one of those delightful solicited phone calls from who-knows-who. You know the kind, one of those "Are you pro this?" or "Do you think there should be laws for this?" Okay, so here's the question.

"Do you think that there should be a law against illegal immigration?"

Let's think about this. Should there be a law that would make illegal immigration illegal?

Should their be a LAW that would make ILLEGAL immigration ILLEGAL?

I have no intention of getting into what I think, or don't think, or what I believe about it. But come on...you can't word it that way and expect me to not scoff. I'm thinking the simple fact that it's called illegal immigration means that the way in which it was done was not a legal one. So to answer the question...I think there are already laws that make immigration (the illegal kind) against the law. There are ways to come into the wonderful U.S. of A. legitimately. The illegal kind would be the...um...illegal kind.

Who knew? :)

So anyway, that's all I've got for now.




No comments: