Right now I'm sitting here (watching The Simpsons, as per my usual habit) and thinking, "Where in the world did 2009 go?!" It seems like only a few months ago I was ringing in 2009 with friends. Looking back, there have definitely been a lot of things that happened this year. Some good, some bad. Even still, it seems like it went by very fast. I made some big changes this past year. I graduated from Navarro with an associates degree and transferred to Texas A&M to complete my undergrad. That included a move about three hours away from home to College Station, Texas. Lost almost 40 pounds! (and gained a few back, but...that's neither here nor there. And I intend to lose them again. You listening, 2010? You better be!).
2009, with all of the ups and downs, is coming to an end. It's time to welcome in 2010, and it is with high hopes that I do so. I have a lot planned for the coming year. A list that, I'm sure, will come to you in more detail in the next post or so. I've only mentally started to compile a list of resolutions, but they've been on my mind.
As it is, I'm about to ring in the new year with some close friends so it looks like the actual writing of the list will have to wait until after midnight, but I feel that that's acceptable.
So what have you all spent your last day of 2009 doing? Me, a few things, some productive, some just fun.
- I slept in.
- I lounged around watching The Simpsons, and from there moved on to lounging around reading The Picture of Dorian Gray (so far quite an entertaining read, if I do say so myself).
- I got out with Dad and ate a way-too-big lunch at Saltgrass Steakhouse. Bread, BBQ chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and two Bud Lights later, I'm still stuffed. And it's been several hours.
- I bought a calendar, so now I'm totally prepared for the new year. Take THAT, 2010! Look who's one step ahead!
- I picked up a copy of Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles, which I can't wait to read. Read it several—and I'm talking SEVERAL—years ago, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was the dumbed-down children's version, and after seeing the new Sherlock Holmes film—twice, since it was FANTASTIC—I've decided it's worth buying.
- Now I'm with Heather and Cadessa, and shortly we'll be trekking to Gabi's to welcome 2010.
So, to all of you, I say HAPPY NEW YEAR! Stay safe, be careful, have fun! And start off 2010 with people you care about, or by yourself, or wherever you want to be, but remember that this whole new year is about to start, and with it comes endless possibilities!