1. My friends and family, and being able to see them for this Thanksgiving holiday. Specifically, the fact that I was able to come home for Thanksgiving, and that my Aunt and Uncle were able to come up to spend a good part of the day with us.
2. My dog, who is behaving like a perfect gentleman today amidst turkeys and relatives and excitement.
3. My house, which is keeping me warm today—now that it's FINALLY cold outside.
4. The fact that it's finally cold outside!
5. Having a week-long vacation from school.
6. Being able to afford to go to college, and doing pretty well in my classes—even when I do desperately want a break from them.
7. My phone, which I am hopelessly addicted to. And, again, my parents—who bought my phone for me.
8. Words. Because without them, how in the world would I write?
9. My ability to write. I have no idea what I would do without it.
10. Chocolate Pie. Specifically, the chocolate pie that my Mom made for us to devour today. Enough said.
11. Memories. Because I can't be with all of my family today—some of them are gone. But I will always have such wonderful memories of them.
12. Music. One of my favorite things in the world.
13. Pumpkin pie. Which is also on the dessert menu for today!
14. Exercise. Because otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat so much pie!
15. Yoga, because it's one of my favorite kinds of exercise.
16. Glasses. Without them, I wouldn't be able to see the screen to type this list. Seriously.
17. The fact that even though I'm probably legally blind, there's something I can do about that.*
18. Sweet potato fries. Delicious!
19. Bud light. Admittedly, I love it.
20. Starbucks. My all-time favorite place to get coffee. Particularly Frappuccinos. Also, my favorite place to go, sit, and chat with friends and family.
21. Christmas! And the fact that it's coming up super soon!
22. The fact that I'll be able to see so many friends this Christmas.
23. My laptop, on which I am typing this list.
24. Block quotes. I've written several research papers lately, and I love block quotes.
25. Sigma Tau Delta. The English Honors Society I just joined. And the fact that I'm making friends there!
26. Oreo balls. Um, if you've never had these...you're missing out. I can't even explain.
27. Cameras and photographs. Memory capturer-ers. Invaluable!
28. Art. And being inspired by it.
29. Alexander Skarsgård. Because that man is visually inspiring as well. ;-)
30. True Blood, because that's where I watch Alexander Skarsgård all the time...
31. Silverware. Come on, isn't it handy? Really helps keep the food in my mouth instead of on the table. Or my clothes.
32. Shoes. I love shoes.
33. Purses. For the same reason.
34. The roof over my head. Both at home and off at school. I'm so used to having a place to live, it's hard to imagine what it would be like to be without that. And it's hard to believe how many people are without that.
35. The fact that I have never known true hunger. I'm not starving. I have never wondered where my next meal will come from.
36. My biological parents, and the fact that they cared enough about me to not get an abortion—instead, to put me up for adoption and allow me the wonderful life that I have with my parents. Without them and their decision, I would not be here. Period.
37. God, who obviously doesn't belong at #37 on any list. For everything he has done, especially providing me with such amazing, loving, caring, selfless parents.
38. Medicine. And all of the advances it's made. It's amazing the things we can fix, heal, repair, prevent these days!
39. Cool days spent sitting on the patio, sipping a drink, listening to the wind in the trees.
40. The smell of chocolate.
42. Pizza. My absolute favorite food ever.
43. The Simpsons. Best cartoon show ever.
44. Film. So many wonderful movies.
45. Books, without which I'd never be able to afford such extravagant 'vacations'. Nothing lets you be anything you want to be, go anywhere you want to go, do anything you want to do like books do.
46. Airplanes. Making travel so much faster, even with the ridiculous amount of hassle one must go through just to board a plane.
47. Elastic-waisted pants. Which I will need after Thanksgiving dinner.
48. Heaters. Because without ours, my teeth would no doubt be chattering right now!
49. Hot chocolate with little marshmallows on top.
50. My bed. Which I am about to curl up in and nap. My belly full of food demands it.