Thursday, September 30, 2010

GetGlue Bookies Down

Hey guys! I've got exciting news today from GetGlue! Straight from the horse's mouth.

First of all, I'll start with explaining what exactly GetGlue is and why I love it. Straight from GetGlue's website
GetGlue is a service that helps you find your next favorite movie, book, music album or other every day thing. GetGlue shows you things that you'll like based on your personal tastes, what your friends like, and what's most popular on GetGlue.

And why do I love it? Many reasons. But first, I should warn you—GetGlue is highly addictive. Think of it as foursquare or Gowalla, but for books, movies, music, television, celebs, topics, even wines! Check in, comment, review. Earn stickers—I have! Being a True Blood addict earned me some awesome stickers: Fangbanger, Maker, Hookah, Truebie... Plus you can meet people who share similar tastes, make friends, even earn the title of Guru. But make sure that you don't let it give you a big head. Which it might. Because, seriously, who wouldn't like to be titled, "Guru"?
(I'M the Guru of Frappuccino, by the way. I mean, I'm just sayin'...)

So what's new? Books! GetGlue has had books before, but now they're teaming up with some big name publishers—Hachette Book Group, Simon & Schuster, Random House, Penguin; any of those ring a bell? And these awesome publishers are bringing in exclusive stickers which can be proudly displayed on your profile and even shown off in real life!

You'll be able to start earning these exclusive stickers on October 5th. Mark your calendars! And if you haven't signed up for GetGlue yet, give it a try! You can do it on your computer, or download apps for iPad, iPhone, and Android.

Fellow Bookworms, get excited!


8 comments:

Kelly said...

It seems wrong to refer to something that has the word glue in it as "straight from the horse's mouth" - but maybe I have a particularly wrong sense of humor?

Sarah said...

HA! You know, I hadn't even thought of that. Good catch. :-)

MissWoodhouse said...

*sigh* Great, now I'm addicted to another site...love the book angle though! :)

Sarah said...

Did you join!? I'll subscribe to you. :-)
Yes, it's quite addictive. I'm excited for some new exclusive book related stickers!

June said...

I joined up through Facebook, since I'm on there a lot. I am finding the selections to be very limited. I mean I read all the time, and only a few of my books are even there. It will be way more cool if they continue to update their categories. You didn't find that to be a problem? But...other than that--it's fun and I'm there:)And--a free book sticker...what's not to like about that!

Sarah said...

I’ve noticed that if you search for stuff via the web browser on a computer, it’ll turn up more things. What are some of the books you couldn’t find?
I’m betting that with this partnership with more publishers, more selections will show up, too! And yes, I do love me some free stickers!

June said...

Thanks, Sarah. I will try the web browser search. I've read about 20 books the past few months and none of them were listed. Sarah's Key is one. I read a lot of memoirs and such. Didn't see Jen Lancaster's books either. I didn't spend a whole lot of time, so will look again later when I have a bit more to dedicate to it.

Sarah said...

Sure thing! I hope you have better luck with the browser search! The last few times I’ve searched for things that haven’t already been in their database, or whatever, it’s created them using their Wikipedia entry or something like that. :-)