Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Do's and Don't...'s of Pumping Gas

So I'm a really big fan of unusual/random signs. Street signs, warning labels, fast food marquees. I love them - meaning that if I see a sign that I find amusing, I do everything in my power to get a photo of that sign. Be it funny wording, typos, missing letters, or whatever.
 
Just a little example; there is a church off of (I want to say) 287 that is called Overcoming Faith. Alright, I get that they mean overcoming like 'overwhelming' - or maybe even 'undeniable' - but to me it sounds more negative than anything else. Like it belongs in a list of things to be done in order to straighten out ones' life.

Don't worry, friends. You CAN prevail! Remember, believe in yourself - believe you can do it, and nothing is impossible. No one knows what you're capable of better than yourself. And just to help you out, here's a list of things that you can do to get the reconstruction of 'You' well on its way.

  • Overcoming Alocohol
  • Overcoming Addiction
  • Overcoming Faith

Anyway, it's not that I don't get what they're saying -- It's just that I think they chose the wrong wording. 
Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, since this isn't the sign I have a picture of for today, I'm gonna abandon that topic and move on.

This sign, the sign that you are about to see, is at the gas pumps at Brookshires in Midlothian. So in case you don't believe me, you're welcome to hunt it down yourself.

See if you can find it.

Ok, did you find it? Yeah, it's the last one. The punctuation is all wrong. 


Warning Sign:: "Don't overfill, Tank."
Tank:: "Yessir, you bet!"


*blank stare* Yeah, I don't know what's up with that either, guys. Looks like somebody (I'm not pointing fingers!) needs an editor! *raises eyebrows*

 And I have one more question...

In the process of pumping gas, how could you possibly have your face directed at the nozzle and simultaneously continue the actual pumping of the gas into your gas tank?

Some people must be far more talented than I am! :)

No comments: