I wanted to share with you my wisdom. Or, the wisdom I've been granted thanks to my dogs—both past and present.
|A few of my lovely dogs. |
Top right; Kelsi. Top left; Tucker. Bottom; Cowboy.
• "Doggie Bags" will no longer bring to mind restaurant leftovers.
• You can tell a dog owner by the slobber on the inside of their passenger window.
• You are much more capable of baby talk than you ever imagined.
• Sometimes a comforting lick is just as good as, if not better than, a hug.
• Toys that boast, "Will keep your dog busy for hours!" will probably not live up to that promise.
• When puppies are teething, NOTHING is safe.
• The difference between acceptable behavior and unsocialized behavior is the difference between "your dog" or "their dog."
• Dogs can totally laugh at you. Also, they do totally laugh at you.
• Dogs are way more loyal than people. They always listen, they love to be around you, they don't care what you look like with no make-up on, they'll never stab you in the back, they'll forgive you for anything, and they would lay down their life for you without a second thought.
• Feeding your dog table scraps can backfire. Big time.
• You will become that person who always brings a conversation back to your dog.
• You will find reasons to show everyone pictures of your dog, whether they want to see them or not.
• My dog has made me a much more patient person.
• It is almost impossible to disappoint a dog.
• The entire world obviously smells much more interesting than you will ever know.
• Dog hair gets on EVERYTHING. Even places that your dog has NEVER BEEN.
• Every dog has a different personality.
• My dog is probably smarter than me. That would not surprise me at all.